Friday, June 22, 2012

Décor #6: My Home My Castle - Part 2


In case you just dropped in from some hotlink or other misguided search for décor blogging, welcome to Part 2 of My Home My Castle where I pretty much cover my challenge to create a man-oriented modern skybox home.

For those of you continuing on from Part 1, whoa...you really do have a penchant for punishment! Methink we are going to get along just fine.

In Part 1, I covered the skybox itself as well as the living room area, the office studio alcove and also the lounge with the piano. Here in Part 2, I'm going to fawn about the kitchen and two upstairs rooms like a desperate housewife with too much care in the world and not enough places to direct it.

Without further ado...

-----


"Hey baby, what's cookin' for me"


ARIA Vita kitchen set - land impact 100 to 200 (168 with my selections rezzed), L$5,225
ARIA Recessed brown lamp - land impact 2 ea., L$150

Yes, it's an expensive kitchen, but I love my food. Almost every piece in this set has menu-driven styling and accessories associated with it, so there's a shit ton to explore and customise.
Funny story, before I left the first time after rezzing this kitchen set, I left everything styled black. When I came back, someone had played around with one of the counters and made it red. Jokes on you; I loved it and, as you can see, it's now become part of the overall look.


Gos's Coffee Machine 1.1.3 RED - land impact 26, L$399

I also love my coffee, so that shit deserves its own picture.



Scarlet Creative Summerhouse Dining Set - land impact 57 (incl. chairs, not incl. tabletop items), L$300
Abiss lights Nova - land impact 5, L$300

I stumbled over this dining set by accident when hunting for a rectangular modern table. It has various menu-driven options to rez different Japanese foods on the table, which are amongst my favourite cuisines.

-----


"Thumbin' your way to Vegas, dirty..."


K.R. Engineering Greedy Greedy Dice Game table - land impact 33 (incl. chairs, not incl. tabletop items), L$300

This picture has to be self-explanatory.



Emily Hearts Stationary Bike (Exercise Bike) Grey - land impact 21, L$110
PeP Pull-Up Bar - land impact 1, L$150
Free-weight Set by Michael Bigwig - (comes with full barbells and dumbells set), land impact 14, L$350
Rug - land impact 1, unknown source

I figure having a gym in your skybox was pretty manly, even if you never use it...

The exercycle and the pull-up bar are animated so you can sit back and relax while your avatar helpfully does all the physical exertion for you.

-----


"Baby, when the lights go out..."



Finally, we come to where all the magic(bation) happens! \o/


The styling was targeted to be simple but tasteful. The last thing I wanted was sharp blocky edges typical of "beds for men" that came a dime a dozen. I also wanted elements of domesticity to give it a "lived-in" look to help round off the design.




Abiss Interior - Brava bed + night stands
 - land impact 20, L$2,990

DIGS Maiken Towel Table Rosewood - land impact 9, L$85
DIGS - Troyka Drawer Chest - land impact 15, L$145
DIGS - Troyka Potted Croton - land impact 5, L$65

The bed is one I picked out of two potential ones from Abiss. The styling is customisable by menu for each piece and it has native poses inside the pillows as well as an extensive MLPV2 engine (which can also be shut down to conserve script usage). It comes with the scripted bedside table lights for each side.




DIGS Troyka Standing Mirror - land impact 11, L$115

Kleiderstaender clothing rack stand by Janus Kattun - land impact 2, L$20
Juicy Lips Deluxe Mesh Hangers - land impact 1 ea., L$99
DIGS - Parvise Whitewash separator - land impact 7 ea., L$115


{what next} Laundry Room Ironing Board + Iron - land impact 7, L$250

Yes, I iron. Yes, it's pointed at the TV downstairs. 

Let it go.

-----

And that's all!

Again, thanks for sticking with me. I believe I have addressed all of my initial baseline goals with this effort:

  1. It must be immediately evident to a visitor that a peenful lives in this skybox (although a peenless would not feel out of place).
  2. It must have elements of my real life passions; music, high-tech, reading, video games and pets.
  3. It must employ use of higher-quality creations where possible for maximising aesthetics.
  4. It must be primarily my own styling (although, in retrospect, I did ask two people to help me pick my chosen bed out of two potentials).
...oh, all except one... =)

-----

"Who let the dogs out?!"

Meet 'Black Winter'.


Zooby Ultimate Black & White Pug 7.0 + accessories - land impact 37, L$2,800
A Slightly Scorched Companion Cube by Merry Mousehold - land impact 12, unknown gift from years ago

-----

Notes and stats (Some of you may be into this. You're weird.):
  • Total land impact: 980 to 1050
  • Total expenditure: approx. L$21,000 (although through research, I've found that similar looks could be achieved for significantly less; between L$8,000 to L$15,000, up to you on what you prefer)
  • Active script count increase: 80-110
  • Script events increase: 100-150 eps
Hope you enjoyed looking at my shit as much as I enjoyed breaking my wallet.

I gotta go afk now; we're playing hide'n'seek.

And 'Winter is coming.






No comments:

Post a Comment