Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pour Homme #1: It's Business Time

First off, let me just say that I had a lot of help from Vitt and, without her keen eye at picking out certain matches of clothing the way that fashionable women do, I would be left with only her amazing photography and patience to work with. Many thanks.

Now get back in the kitchen and make me that fucking sandwich.

Alright, down to business (which also happens to be the theme of my very first post). Bear with me; I'm male and by definition I will wear things because "I think it's awesome" not because I think it's fashionable. I spend a lot of time wearing suits in my day job outside of Second Life, so I figured I'd take a closer look at what's available inworld. I'm not just talking the standard "business suit" package you find on the Marketplace, but more a mix'n'match of items that come together into something that a guy would wear on the job in real life. With a bit of digging, I found a few key items that I think the average dude on the grid could totally buy off the Marketplace for a (relatively) decent price, look halfway decent for his more sensible half and be done with it all.

If spending thousands of Linden dollars a week qualifies a girl as the "more sensible half".



ENSEMBLE #1: Day Trader
Jacket: ARMIDI 'Classic Blazer', Charcoal
Shirt: AOHARU 'Striped Shirt', White
Pants: CATTIVA E CATTIVO 'Men's Dress Slacks', Charcoal
Shoes: REDGRAVE 'Classic Loafers', Black

Skin: SOUL 'Apolo', M3
Hair: MADesigns 'Richi', Smooth Brown
Eyes: FANTASTIC EYES 'Ice Blue'

ENSEMBLE #2: Rainy Day
Coat: LAQROKI 'High Collar Coat', Beige
Shirt: HASENDOW 'Black Modern Suit', Red Tie Shirt
Pants: NSD 'Chinos', Gray
Shoes: REDGRAVE 'Aviator Loafters', Black

Glasses: SOLAR EYEWEAR, 'Kastra'
Cigarette: GENTLEMEN, 'Dirty Cigarette'
Umbrella: URID DAI, 'Umbrella 2.2', Black and White Pinstripes

Skin: SOUL, 'Apolo', M1
Hair: MADesigns 'Boyd', Dark Brown
Eyes: FANTASTIC EYES 'Ice Blue'

ENSEMBLE #3: After Hours
Shirt: LAQROKI, 'Pinstripe Shirt', White + Black Tie
Pants: SWEETEST GOODBYE, 'School Boy', Indigo+Red
Shoes: SHINY THINGS, 'City Walk', Black

Skin: SOUL, 'Apolo', M8
Hair: TRUTH 'Drake', Espresso
Eyes: FANTASTIC EYES 'Ice Blue'
Tattoo: GARDEN OF KU, 'Ghost Geisha', Medium

Wristwatch: HOC, 'Mens Watch', Black
Beer Bottle: CYO, 'Beer Bottle'
Puppy: ZOOBY, 'Pug', Black & White

Poses by DIESEL WORKS & EXPOSEUR.

That's all from me, folks! I spent the entire time writing up this blog post complaining bitterly to Vitt about how long it takes to find and list out everything I wore for each shot.

Hey, I figure...if I'm going to dress like a douchebag, I might as well blog like one too ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment